This delicious Lemon and Asparagus Orzo Salad is a perfect recipe to serve as a side dish for your next BBQ or as a light main course on a summer day.
- 1 ½ cup cooked orzo
- 8 to 10 asparagus cut into sections
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the orzo al dente.
- About 3 minutes before the orzo finishes cooking, add the asparagus to whiten.
- Drain and cool under cold water.
- In a salad bowl, mix the orzo, olive oil, asparagus, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.