This delicious Lemon and Asparagus Orzo Salad is a perfect recipe to serve as a side dish for your next BBQ or as a light main course on a summer day.
Lemon and Asparagus Orzo Salad
This delicious Lemon and Asparagus Orzo Salad is a perfect recipe to serve as a side dish for your next BBQ or as a light main course on a summer day.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 ½ cup cooked orzo
- 8 to 10 asparagus cut into sections
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the orzo al dente.
- About 3 minutes before the orzo finishes cooking, add the asparagus to whiten.
- Drain and cool under cold water.
- In a salad bowl, mix the orzo, olive oil, asparagus, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 558IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.