This rich, nutty dip is great for a party or snack served with fresh baguette, pita bread, olives, carrot and celery sticks. Its texture is thick, like a paté. Recipe from Taste Life! Organic Recipes* (2002) by Leslie Cerier.
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked or or one 15- to 16-ounce can navy beans
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled (chop and sauté the garlic first
if you don’t like it raw)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Several sprigs fresh dill for garnish, optional
- 5-ounce jar of fancy olives, such as garlic-stuffed, for garnish, optional
Combine the beans, scallions, garlic, lemon juice, salt, walnuts and dill in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Transfer the mixture into serving bowl, and garnish with optional dill and olives.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!