Mystify your family by serving this delicious veggie pâté with lentils. A delicious source of protein for breakfast or dinner, serve them on bread or crackers with a touch of mustard—satisfaction guaranteed!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add yeast, tamari, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and lentils. Season to taste, mix well, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, and simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Stir regularly while cooking.
- In a food processor or hand blender, reduce the mixture to a smooth, even purée.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour. When ready to serve, garnish with fresh parsley.