Here’s a simple, colorful salad of mixed greens with crunchy carrots, tart apples, and pickled beets that harmonizes well with everyday or holiday meals and adds little hands-on prep time. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 6–8 oz mixed baby greens
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) jar pickled or fermented beets, well drained
- extra-virgin olive oil as desired
- balsamic or red wine vinegar, to taste
- Combine the greens, carrots, apples, and beets in a serving bowl.
- Dress with olive oil and vinegar as desired, toss well, and serve.