Blueberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits available, making this a supercharged smoothie to start the day, or to enjoy as a midday refreshment. Use organic frozen blueberries when fresh are out of season. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Nutty Banana-Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits available, making this a supercharged smoothie to start the day, or to enjoy as a midday refreshment.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 medium bananas broken into several pieces (frozen ahead of time, if desired)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut cashew, or almond butter
- 1 cup berry juice or coconut water
- 1 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- Maple syrup or agave nectar to taste optional
- A few ice cubes optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed.
- Adjust the consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses or small mason jars.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.
- Here's more on this favorite berry, in A Bounty of Blueberries.
Leave a Reply