Dragonfruit lemonade is a must make this summer. It takes just three ingredients to make this thirst quenching lemonade recipe. Fresh lemons, dragonfruit, maple syrup for sweetness and water.
If you are a fan of dragon fruit you have to try this lemonade recipe. It is colorful, easy, and refreshing. Whip this up for your next pool party or summer cookout. It is gorgeous to serve up but also delicious. Try my green lemonade recipe as well!
Here is a dragon fruit smoothie for you to try out as well. This recipe is one of my favorites for a mid-day pick me up or breakfast. Also check out my other vegan drink recipes, for new things to try out.
This Dragonfruit Lemonade Recipe Is...
- Made with 3 ingredients
- Thirst Quenching
- Takes 10 minutes to make
- Perfect for spring and summer
How to Make Dragon Fruit Lemonade
At the bottom of the post you will find the full recipe with the measurements needed. This is a quick walk through of the recipe.
- In a blender you will add in your dragon fruit, lemon juice, and maple syrup.
- Blend on high until it is smooth all the way through.
- Add the dragonfruit mixture to a large pitcher, and stir in water.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with more dragonfruit or lemon slices.
Helpful Tips for Making This Dragon Fruit Lemonade
Scrape Down Sides of Blender
As you are mixing up the dragon fruit in the blender make sure to scrape down the sides. Some pieces can stick to the sides, so you want to ensure you get it all blended.
Sweeten To Taste
If you find you want your lemonade sweeter simply stir in some extra maple syrup. Or if you find it is too sweet you can add a bit more water to help dilute the sweetness.
Variations For Dragon Fruit Lemonade
If you do not want to use maple syrup you can sweeten the lemonade anyway you want. I do find that using a liquid sweetener is best. If you use granulated sugar it can leave a crunchy texture if it doesn't dissolve.
So I used just dragonfruit for this recipe, but you could add in some fresh strawberries or even kiwi to help add an extra layer of flavor to your lemonade.
Dragon Fruit Lemonade FAQs
How to store lemonade?
Leave out the ice, and store your lemonade in the fridge in a sealed pitcher. Then put the ice in each glass and pour the lemonade on top. Make sure to stir between pouring to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
Does this recipe double well?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe if needed. I have made a larger batch for parties and the recipe doubles well.
How to know if dragon fruit is ripe?
Dragon fruit that is ripe will be bright in color. Then grab the fruit and gently squeeze it. You want it to have some give and not be rock hard. If the fruit feels mushy or extra soft, it is overripe.
Can I make this an alcoholic drink?
Simply add in a shot of vodka or even rum to make this an alcoholic lemonade. If you want a stronger drink you can add additional alcohol to the lemonade.
Dragonfruit Lemonade (3 Ingredients!)
- 5 large lemons juiced (about 1 cup lemon juice), plus more for garnish if desired
- ½ cup cubed pink dragonfruit about one small dragon fruit
- ¼ cup maple syrup or more if you want it sweeter
- 4 cups cold water
- Add the dragon fruit, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the dragon fruit mixture to large pitcher and stir in the water
- Serve over ice, and garnish with dragonfruit and lemon slices