Whip up this antioxidant-loaded Dragon Fruit Smoothie for breakfast or a snack. This smoothie takes only 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make!
This smoothie is loaded with dragon fruit, blueberries, and bananas. If you are craving a fruit smoothie, this is a great one to try! Head to the store, grab supplies and get to mixing.
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie recipe is...
- Ready in 5 minutes or less
- Loaded with fresh fruit
- Naturally gluten-free
How to Make Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Toss your ingredients into a blender.
- Blend ingredients until the smoothie is fully blended.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses, then top with fresh fruit and serve.
Full directions and ingredients are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks for Dragon Fruit Smoothie
High Speed Blender
I highly recommend using a high-speed blender. Using a high-speed blender will ensure that all your fruit is well blended and that your smoothie has a creamy texture. If your blender isn't fast enough, you will find that the texture of your smoothie is off.
Thickness of the Smoothie
You can adjust the texture of your smoothie by adding certain ingredients! Add extra fruit to make your smoothie nice and thick. You can also add extra plant based milk to help thin out the smoothie.
Variations to Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Feel free to change up the fruit you add into this smoothie. Any fruit you have on hand will work great. Toss in some frozen pineapple, kiwi, mango, etc. Create whatever flavor combo you prefer!
Add in a little flaxseed to add in extra nutrients. Sneak in a tablespoon or two for your kids who are going to sip this smoothie—or great nutrients for you!
Instead of milk, you can use a vanilla plant-based yogurt. This will give you a thicker and richer smoothie.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie FAQs
What does dragon fruit taste like?
Dragon fruit is a mild fruit when it comes to flavor. You will find fresh dragon fruit offers the flavor of a pear mixed with a kiwi. Dragon fruit is a delicious fruit that tastes great mixed in with other fruits.
Can you freeze dragon fruit?
You can freeze dragon fruit if you buy some from the store. This is a great way to prep your fruit and keep it ready to toss in smoothies like this.
Dragon fruit can be tricky to find, depending on where you live. So if you find some, go ahead and buy a lot so you can freeze some for later!
How do you store leftover smoothie?
If you don't drink all your smoothie right away, don't worry—you can save it! Store your leftover smoothie in an airtight container for 1–2 days in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, just give the smoothie a stir, pour into a glass, and enjoy.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups dragon fruit cubed and frozen
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup blueberries frozen
- ½–1 cup plant based milk depending on thickness desired
- ½ cup blueberries frozen
- In a large high-speed blender, put dragon fruit, banana, blueberries, milk, and chia seeds into the bottom.
- Turn on blender, starting on a low speed, and gradually increasing speed until everything is completely blended and smooth.
- Serve immediately!
- You can use pink or white dragon fruit.
- To make it extra creamy, add ½ cup of vegan yogurt.
- To make it thicker, use frozen banana and less milk.
- Having a good blender is important to bread down the seeds in the dragon fruit.