Even though there’s no real cookie dough in this smoothie, it sure tastes like it! Caramel-like dates, rich and nutty pecans, and cacoa nibs with their hint of chocolate blend perfectly with lucuma powder—which has a natural “cookie dough-like” flavor—making this smoothie recipe all kinds of fabulous. Reprinted with permission from Superfood Smoothies * © 2013 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Julie Morris.
Cookie Dough Smoothie
Makes two 14 oz servings
- 1⁄4 cup raw pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 3–4 large dates)
- 1 cup very ripe pear, chopped
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 cups coconut ice (see note)
- sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Blend together all the ingredients except the cacao nibs and coconut ice until creamy and smooth.
- Add the nibs and ice and blend until frosty, leaving the nibs to serve as the “chocolate chips” and add a crunchy kick.
- This smoothie is inherently dessert-like, so it is unlikely you will need to boost the sweetness—but taste the smoothie and add if desired.
Note: To make coconut ice, freeze pure coconut water in cube trays until solid. (A favorite for adding flavor.)
Superfood Boost: Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!