This mouth-watering Cookie Dough Smoothie will fill your sweet-tooth cravings while still being healthy! Filled with superfoods, this smoothie will become your new go-to. Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Even though there’s no real cookie dough in this smoothie, it sure tastes like it! Caramel-like dates, rich and nutty pecans, and chocolate-y cacoa nibs blend perfectly with lucuma powder—which has a natural “cookie dough-like” flavor. This tasty flavor combo makes this smoothie recipe all kinds of fabulous.
How to Make Cookie Dough Smoothie
- Blend together all ingredients but cacao nibs & coconut ice.
- Add nibs and ice, then blend again.
- Add sweetener if desired.
Full directions for how to make Cookie Dough Smoothie are in the printable recipe card below.
Superfood Boost: Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
Cookie Dough Smoothie
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup Medjool dates pitted, about 3–4 large dates
- 1 cup pear very ripe, chopped
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 cups coconut ice see note
- sweetener to taste; optional
- Blend all ingredients together—except the cacao nibs and coconut ice—until creamy and smooth.
- Add the nibs and ice and blend until frosty. This leaves the nibs to serve as “chocolate chips” and add a crunchy kick!
- This smoothie is inherently dessert-like, so it is unlikely you will need to boost the sweetness—but taste the smoothie and add sweetener if desired.
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Smoothies* ©2013 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Julie Morris.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!