Give this healthy appetizer a try when you need to whip up something quick for guests. Contributed by Amy Hemmert and Tammi Pelstring, from Laptop Lunches.
Nutty Cashew Dates
Give this healthy appetizer a try when you need to whip up something quick for guests. Contributed by Amy Hemmert and Tammi Pelstring, from Laptop Lunches.Print Pin Email
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 dates any type is fine, or try Medjool
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 12 whole cashews roasted or raw or 24 halves.
- 2 tbs coconut finely shredded
- Cut dates in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Fill date halves with cashew butter.
- Split cashews in half. Place cashew half on filled date.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.