Very easy to prepare, a tapenade of black olives and sun-dried tomatoes can be a go-to appetizer when you have little time to spare, as it takes only minutes to prepare. It’s equally good with crispbreads or sliced fresh baguette.
Makes about 1 cup, about 8 servings
- ¾ cup pitted brine-cured black olives such as Kalamata
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil cured or not, as preferred
(make sure they’re moist if not oil-cured; soak in hot water if necessary)
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup walnut or pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- More fresh parsley or other herb for garnish (such as small sage leaves)
Place all the ingredients in a food processor with ¼ cup water. Pulse on and off until everything is finely and evenly minced. If need be add a small amount of additional water so that the mixture adheres.
Transfer to an attractive crock and serve with the desired accompaniments.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.
Leave a Reply