Did you know that a plate of lentils contains the same protein as a portion of meat? You can help our society consume less meat by eating lentils; they're perfect for a healthy, balanced diet! Incorporate lentils into your diet with this cheap, easy stew recipe.
Protein-Packed Plant-Based Lentil Stew
- 1 cup brown lentils washed and dried
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 celery branches diced
- 4 medium carrots cut into sections
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 to mato boxes with their juice
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, allowing the lentils to cook to perfection.
- Serve with brown rice.