Here is a simple to make, enticing change-of-pace from ordinary preparations of Brussels sprouts. It's a perfect addition to a vegan Thanksgiving dinner menu, so if you're serving a crowd, double the recipe. Recipe contributed by Ricki Heller. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Balsamic Glaze
Here is a simple to make, enticing change-of-pace from ordinary preparations of Brussels sprouts. It's a perfect addition to a vegan Thanksgiving dinner menu, so if you're serving a crowd, double the recipe.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and washed
- 1 large onion ﬁnely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a casserole dish with olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray.
- Steam the brussels sprouts until just tender and still bright green.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until onion is soft and translucent.
- Turn heat to very low, and stir in the mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Add the brussels sprouts and stir to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes, until the glaze is thick and sticks to the sprouts, which should be done but still a bit firm. Serve and enjoy
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 858IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Joseph Fitzgerald says
Very consistantly satisfying recipes. Although I am not a true veggy, I will enjoy many of your non meat suggested recipes
Thanks for visiting, Joseph. Please come back often!
Sounds amazing! I'll definitely try it!
Thanks for sharing.
Making them now !! Thank you !
Ms. Vee says
Absolutely delicious love this recipe! This is yy third time making and as I prepare my wild rice dish I cannot stop sneaking a taste here and there! Thank you so much for sharing!
This is absolutely delicious! I made it for family during Thanksgiving. It was a bit. So much so, that I've made it many times over, and include it when I want a flavorful side.