These summer rolls look fancy and sophisticated, but they’re so easy to make. Just stop, drop, and roll! A great appetizer or light meal for one, or make more for a crowd.Recipe from Très Green, Très Clean, Très Chic: Eat (and Live!) the New French Way with Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Recipes for Every Season © 2015 by Rebecca Leffler. Photos by Sandra Mahut. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment.
Sophisticated Summer Rolls
These summer rolls look fancy and sophisticated, but they’re so easy to make. Just stop, drop, and roll!Print Pin Rate Email
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic optional
For the fillings:
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ small cucumber
- ¼ red bell pepper
- 3 sheets of brown rice paper if you can’t find it, white rice paper is fine
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- A handful of sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted or soaked
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl.]
- Peel and slice the avocado, carrot, and cucumber into thin slivers.
- Remove the white membrane and the seeds from the pepper and slice that thinly, too. Dip a rice paper into a bowl of room-temperature water for a few seconds. Place the rice paper onto a plate. Spread some of the tahini in the center, then add a third of the veggies and some sesame seeds.
- Drizzle some more tahini on top. Starting with the side closest to you, fold the rice paper over the filling, then fold in the corners and roll until it forms a tight burrito-like roll, and stick together. Cut in half. Repeat the process with the other two rice papers.
- Place the rolls on a plate. Serve with the dipping sauce and garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.
Calories: 843kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 1675mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11553IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 6mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.
These look so fab - especially for the summer BBQ I'm hosting soon. I didn't even know you could buy brown rice paper!