These summer rolls look fancy and sophisticated, but they’re so easy to make. Just stop, drop, and roll! A great appetizer or light meal for one, or make more for a crowd.Recipe from Très Green, Très Clean, Très Chic: Eat (and Live!) the New French Way with Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Recipes for Every Season © 2015 by Rebecca Leffler. Photos by Sandra Mahut. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment.
Sophisticated Summer Rolls
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic optional
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl.]
- Peel and slice the avocado, carrot, and cucumber into thin slivers.
- Remove the white membrane and the seeds from the pepper and slice that thinly, too. Dip a rice paper into a bowl of room-temperature water for a few seconds. Place the rice paper onto a plate. Spread some of the tahini in the center, then add a third of the veggies and some sesame seeds.
- Drizzle some more tahini on top. Starting with the side closest to you, fold the rice paper over the filling, then fold in the corners and roll until it forms a tight burrito-like roll, and stick together. Cut in half. Repeat the process with the other two rice papers.
- Place the rolls on a plate. Serve with the dipping sauce and garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.