Serve this Spiced Cranberry Nog at your next holiday gathering, and all your guests will be clamoring for the recipe. This drink is colorful, light, and delicious.
A knock-your-socks-off festive holiday beverage, this unique take on eggnog lights up with a tangy edge and an inviting powder-puff pink color—thanks to the season’s bountiful cranberry harvest. The nog is quickly assembled in the blender, but you may want to plan ahead for multiple batches when serving a crowd.
Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.
How to Make Spiced Cranberry Nog
- Rinse cranberries and place in blender.
- Add all ingredients and process until creamy and thick.
- Pour nog into pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
Full directions for how to make Spiced Cranberry Nog are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Spiced Cranberry Nog FAQs
Can I use dried cranberries to make this nog?
This recipe works best with fresh cranberries. You could use frozen berries—just make sure to let them thaw a bit before using so your blender can handle them. Dried cranberries, however, are not a good option for this nog recipe. But don't worry—fresh cranberries are pretty easy to find.
What is xantham gum?
Xantham gum is a usually powdery substance that comes from sugar that has been fermented by a specific bacteria. This xantham substance is used to make foods and medicines thicker, to keep substances together, and to keep textures uniform.
Spiced Cranberry Nog
- Rinse the cranberries in a strainer under running water and put them into the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process on high speed for 1 minute or until the cranberries are completely broken down and the nog becomes creamy and thick. There may still be tiny flecks of cranberries visible even after blending thoroughly.
- Pour the nog into a pitcher and chill until ready to serve. Covered and refrigerated, this nog will keep for 2–3 days.
- To serve, fill small punch cups with nog, sprinkle each serving with a dash of nutmeg, and stand a cinnamon stick into each cup.
Recipe and photo contributed by Zel Allen, from Vegans for the Holidays.*
Visit Zel Allen at Vegetarians in Paradise.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!