This Spicy Avocado Edamame Dip has three times less fat and is almost twice as rich in protein than your typical spinach artichoke dip recipe. This dip has a perfect texture and it's so delicious!
Spicy Avocado Edamame Dip
This Spicy Avocado Edamame Dip has three times less fat and is almost twice as rich in protein than your typical spinach artichoke dip recipe.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 cup frozen edamame unthawed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plant base plain yogurt
- ½ tsp Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce
- salt and pepper
- Place the edamame and water in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 2 or 3 minutes at maximum power or until edamame is tender. Drain well.
- Blend the edamame, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the edges of the container with a rubber spatula and add the avocado, lemon juice, yogurt, and hot sauce. Salt and pepper generously.
- Mix again until a smooth texture is obtained.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 344IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply