This Spicy Avocado Edamame Dip has three times less fat and is almost twice as rich in protein than your typical spinach artichoke dip recipe. This dip has a perfect texture and it’s so delicious!
- 1 cup frozen edamame unthawed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plant base plain yogurt
- ½ tsp Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce
- salt and pepper
- Place the edamame and water in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 2 or 3 minutes at maximum power or until edamame is tender. Drain well.
- Blend the edamame, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the edges of the container with a rubber spatula and add the avocado, lemon juice, yogurt, and hot sauce. Salt and pepper generously.
- Mix again until a smooth texture is obtained.