You can use a combination of black and green olives, if you like. Just make sure the olives are good-quality imported olives, as they have the best flavor. From Hot Vegan: 200 sultry & full-flavored recipes from around the world by Robin Robertson/Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC © 2014, reprinted by permission.
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 cups brine-cured black or green olives
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
Place the olives in a bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add the olive oil, stirring to combine. Cover and set aside to marinate for an hour or two or refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.