Watch out; this vegan take on the classic BLT will become addictive. From Real Food For Everyone by Ann Gentry, founder of Real Food Daily restaurants in Southern California. Recipe reprinted by permission, © 2015 Andrews McMeel Publishing. Photos by Sara Remington.
- 4 (½-inch-thick) diagonal slices sourdough baguette
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tempeh bacon
- 8 slices tomatoes (from 1 large ripe tomato), or 8 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut lengthwise into slices
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, and toast for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown. Alternatively, toast the bread in a toaster oven.
- Spread the vegan mayonnaise generously on the toasted bread. Top with the lettuce, bacon, tomato, and avocado.
- Here are more tasty and easy vegan Sandwiches and Wraps.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!