For most meat dishes, there are good alternatives just as tasty as the originals. Here is our vegan recipe for Bourguignon—a traditional French dish.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for a few minutes on high heat.
- Cut fresh mushrooms in slices. Lower the heat and add the mushrooms to the pot.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add wine, broth, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until you have a smooth cream without lumps. Add to the pot and mix.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.