For most meat dishes, there are good alternatives just as tasty as the originals. Here is our vegan recipe for Bourguignon—a traditional French dish.
For most meat dishes, there are good alternatives just as tasty as the originals. Here is our vegan recipe for Bourguignon—a traditional French dish.Print Pin Rate Email
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 –2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for a few minutes on high heat.
- Cut fresh mushrooms in slices. Lower the heat and add the mushrooms to the pot.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add wine, broth, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until you have a smooth cream without lumps. Add to the pot and mix.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5408IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply