Looking for a nut-free Vegan Cheese Sauce? This creamy cheese sauce is delicious poured over roasted veggies, tofu, and more!
This simple Vegan Cheese Sauce is super versatile. If you are looking for a vegan cheese sauce with no nuts, this sauce is for you.
Pour this sauce over pasta, pizza, tacos, and more!
This Vegan Cheese Sauce Is...
- Made with 5 ingredients
- Simple to make
How to Make Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Start by heating a small pan on the stove. Add in the non-dairy milk and heat for a few minutes.
- Then add in the vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, and spices.
- Stir until the sauce thickens. Then season with salt and pepper, to taste, if you would like.
Tips & Tricks For Vegan Cheese Sauce
Thickening The Sauce
You have to allow time for the cheese sauce to thicken. You do this by giving it some time to simmer on the stove. Make sure to stir your sauce constantly, or it will burn on the bottom.
Using Nutritional Yeast
If you don't have nutritional yeast on hand, you can use debittered brewer’s yeast instead. Just use the same amount of brewer's yeast for the recipe as you would nutritional yeast.
Variations To Vegan Cheese Sauce
Spice Up The Flavor
Add in some cayenne or a splash of hot sauce to ramp up the heat of your cheese sauce. You control the spice factor when you make cheese sauce yourself!
Vegan Cheese Sauce FAQs
How do you store leftover cheese sauce?
Place any cheese sauce you don't use in an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to a week. The cheese sauce will get a lot thicker as it cools down.
How do you reheat cheese sauce?
If you want to reheat the cheese sauce, simply warm it up in the microwave or on the stove. Add a splash of water and stir well to thin out the sauce.
Can you freeze Vegan Cheese Sauce?
You can freeze any leftover cheese sauce in an airtight container for 2–3 months. Thaw your sauce in the fridge overnight before serving it up.
Do you eat Vegan Cheese Sauce cold or hot?
Either way! You can eat this cheese sauce cold or warm it up—the choice is yours. If you eat the sauce cold, it will be a lot thicker. If you eat it heated up, it will be creamier and thinner.
Vegan Cheese Sauce (No Nuts!)
- ½ cup vegan cheese cheddar variety
- 1 cup non-dairy milk such as soy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the non-dairy milk and heat for a few minutes, until warm.
- Add the vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, and oregano. Stir continuously until you get a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nina Hebb says
I tried this for the first time and I have to tell you...it is really good. Such a wonderful way to enjoy the comfort food! Thank you for sharing.
Linda Thomas says
Really, really loved this and so did my picky eater daughter. 🙂 I may or may not have added more vegan cheese. 🙂 It's a keeper!
Soy milk is a nut milk