Discover this recipe for Vegan Fettuccine with Peas and Alfredo Sauce without delay! The "Parmesan" cheese is replaced by nutritional yeast. As for the creamy alfredo sauce, it is made with vegetable broth and plant based milk.
Vegan Fettuccine with Peas and Alfredo Sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup peas
- Combine the onion, garlic, and flour in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, milk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and heat for 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat or until the sauce is creamy.
- Pour this mixture into your blender and add the nutritional yeast. Blend until a smooth sauce is obtained. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and add peas. Warm the sauce for few minutes.
- Serve sauce over the pasta of your choice.