This Vegan Mushroom Risotto is a very nourishing recipe. It takes a long time to cook because the liquid must be absorbed little by little. This slow cooking method is how to get a very creamy risotto without burning the rice at the bottom of the pan.
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup vegan dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ cup Arborio rice
- 4 tbsp vegan Parmesan
- Pour vegetable stock and wine into a medium saucepan and bring to boil for 5 minutes, then simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter. Add the leek and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Add Arborio rice and stir while cooking until the grains become transparent.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling broth, mixing until completely absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of broth again and stir well. Continue with the rest of the broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cook for 20 minutes or more, until the broth is absorbed, stirring continuously.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.