These easy vegan peanut butter granola cookies pass an important test — if a sweet treat is actually healthy, will it still get eaten? Happily, these tasty cookies disappear quickly. Use whatever kind of granola you prefer — there are so many great varieties! These sturdy cookies are perfect or packing in the school or work lunch box, too.
Vegan Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
These easy vegan peanut butter granola cookies pass an important test — if a sweet treat is actually healthy, will it still get eaten?Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy, at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- ¾ cup flour (whole wheat pastry spelt, einkorn, or other soft whole-grain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granola any variety, but choose one with a nice amount of fruits and nuts, plus more for topping
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Combine the peanut butter, syrup, applesauce in a mixing bowl and cream together with a large fork. The mixture should be fairly well blended, but don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth.
- In a larger bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until completely blended.
- Work the granola into the batter, followed by the chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop the batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in rounded tablespoonfuls. Sprinkle extra granola on top, then flatten gently with the bottom of a glass (or your palm).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden on top and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let stand for a few minutes after removing from the oven, then transfer to a plate. Store any not immediately eaten in an airtight container.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Thanks to Nature’s Path for supplying the flavorful Blueberry Pecan Crunch for the granola used in these photos. See all the other varieties of granola on their site.
Photos: Evan Atlas
- See more of our vegan cookies and bars.
Evelyn Harrison says
I will make those wonderful looking peanut butter granola cookies for the bake sale/plant sale at CASA (Camano Animal Shelter Assoc.) May 13th.
So sorry for this ridiculously late reply, Evelyn! I hope these helped with your fundraising at CASA!