This is the simple vegan pasta recipe you need for busy weekday dinners. This vegan pesto pasta is bursting with flavor from fresh tomatoes and garlic - and ready in just 15 minutes!
There's nothing I love more than a dinner I can get on the table in 15 minutes! And even better if it's one that the whole family will eat. And for that - pasta dishes are always a great choice.
This easy, kid-friendly vegan pesto pasta is a surefire winner. It's great any time of year, but is especially perfect for summer. It's light and refreshing with the flavors of fresh tomatoes and garlic. Yum!
To keep this recipe vegan, you'll want to be sure to use a vegan-friendly brand of pesto. Many commercial varieties contain parmesan cheese, so check the label.
Or try your hand at making your own homemade vegan pesto!
Vegan Summer Pesto Pasta
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp pesto vegan friendly variety
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- Boil water for the pasta. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mince the French shallots, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook them in a large sauce pan with oil for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, pesto, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat for a few minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce. Mix well.
- Serve in a bowl and add fresh basil on top.