This is the simple pasta recipe you need for busy weekday dinners. Pesto and pasta combine in this recipe for a quick and delicious vegan meal.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 French shallots
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- Boil water for the pasta. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mince the French shallots, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook them in a large sauce pan with oil for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, pesto, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat for a few minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce. Mix well.
- Serve in a bowl and add fresh basil on top.