If you love sushi you are going to love this recipe! This Vegan Sushi Sandwich recipe is little time consuming, but worth it at the end!
- ½ block firm tofu
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 whole nori sheets
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 carrot grated
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- Marinate the tofu in the soy sauce and rice vinegar for a least 1 hour.
- Place the nori sheet on a flat surface.
- Spoon in a generous amount of the sushi rice to make a square shape the same size as the tofu.
- Add the lettuce and then the tofu.
- Add other the toppings of choice.
- Add another layer of rice and press down.
- Fold each side of the nori sheet to the center while holding together the filling.
- Fold the other side up while tucking in the sides.
- Flip over then slice with a sharp knife.
- Serve with tamari sauce.