This hearty Vegan "Vegetable" Noodle Soup recipe can help you use up your leftover vegetables and noodles—and it's just as tasty as its classic meat cousin.
I love soups because they are quick to prepare, they use a lot of leftovers (which reduces waste!), and they can be made in advance.
This hearty soup has all the qualities that I look for in a meal: tasty, comforting, nutritious, and especially quick to prepare. It's perfect for cooler days!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into thin half moons
- 2 celery branch finely chopped
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- 1 zucchini chopped in half-moons
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fettuccini uncooked
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and cook onion, celery, and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, bay leaf, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the fettuccini. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove the bay leaf and add the zucchini. Serve.