This dessert of amaretto-soaked strawberries is almost embarrassingly simple, yet luscious and low in fat. Amaretto is a liqueur made from almonds. It’s a good way to serve this fruit during strawberry season. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 1 pint sweet, ripe strawberries, hulled
- ¼ cup amaretto liqueur
- Vanilla nondairy ice cream
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and place them in a wide, shallow container.
- Crush them lightly, then stir in the amaretto.
- Cover and allow to soak for several hours, refrigerated.
- Serve in small bowls or pudding glasses over nondairy ice cream, garnished with mint leaves.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
- Explore more recipes for strawberries, blueberries, and other berries.