This dessert of amaretto-soaked strawberries is almost embarrassingly simple, yet luscious and low in fat. Amaretto is a liqueur made from almonds. It’s a good way to serve this fruit during strawberry season. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 1 pint sweet, ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Vanilla nondairy ice cream
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
Cut the strawberries into quarters and place them in a wide, shallow container. Crush them lightly, then stir in the amaretto. Cover and allow to soak for several hours, refrigerated.
Serve in small bowls or pudding glasses over nondairy ice cream, garnished with mint leaves.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
- Explore more recipes for strawberries, blueberries, and other berries.