These fudgy avocado brownies are loaded with rich and creamy chocolate flavor. Easy to make in 30 minutes - and 100% vegan too!
If you're on the hunt for a healthy, vegan friendly brownie recipe - look no further than these avocado brownies.
These Fudgy Avocado Brownies are...
- Made with Simple Ingredients.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
- Kid Friendly!
- Freezer Friendly too.
How to Make
Full directions for these avocado brownies are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk through of the key steps!
- Prepare a 9-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mash the avocado and measure out ¾ cup.
- Combine the mashed avocado, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, almond milk, peanut butter, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Process the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool for approximately 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Scroll down for the full instructions in the printable recipe card!
Tools You'll Need
Use a nonstick 8"x8" or 9"x9" baking pan for these brownies. Lining the baking pan with parchment paper will also help to ensure your brownies don't get stuck!
Blender or Food Processor
I recommend using a food processor or high speed blender for mixing this brownie batter, rather than a traditional mixer. It is needed to get the right consistency of the brownie batter!
Helpful Tips For Avocado Brownies
Choose ripe avocados.
Make sure your avocados are very ripe, soft and easy to mash. This will ensure that the texture of your brownies is smooth and creamy.
Allow the brownies to cool before slicing.
Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This will allow them to set and make for cleaner cuts.
Quality Cocoa Powder
Make sure to use a high quality cocoa powder for that rich and delicious chocolate flavor. Brownies are one of those recipes where the quality of ingredients really show. I'm a big fan of this Ghirardelli cocoa powder!
Add Sea Salt
Consider sprinkling some sea salt on top of the brownies for a savory finish! The salt will enhance the flavor of the rich chocolate.
Want to add some crunch to your avocado brownies? Consider adding in some chopped walnuts or pecans. I would recommend ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of nuts.
Serve with Fruit or Ice Cream
Serve your brownies up with some fresh fruit like strawberries or blueberries, and a big scoop of dairy free ice cream!
What is the difference between fudgy and chewy brownies?
Fudgy brownies are rich and dense with a moist, almost gooey texture. They have a high fat-to-flour ratio, which gives them their signature fudgy texture.
Chewy brownies, on the other hand, have a more cake-like texture with a slightly springy and chewy crumb. They have a lower fat-to-flour ratio and rely more on eggs and sugar to give them their structure.
How do you store avocado brownies?
Store the brownies at room temperature for 2-3 days, or in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
How do you freeze vegan brownies?
If you want to store your brownies for longer, you can freeze them for 2-3 months. To freeze avocado brownies, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place them in an airtight container. When you're ready to eat them, thaw the brownies at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
More Vegan Desserts
If you love these fudgy avocado brownies, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan treats:
Fudgy Avocado Brownies (Vegan!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line a 9” baking pan with parchment and set aside
- Mash the avocado and measure out ¾ cup
- Add the avocado, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, almond milk, peanut butter, baking powder and salt to a food processor and process until smooth
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a couple crumbs
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before slicing and serving