This fudgy avocado brownies recipe is loaded with rich chocolate flavor and bursting with sweetness. This avocado brownie recipe is made with avocados, peanut butter, flour, almond milk, vegan chocolate, and more.
A vegan brownie recipe you will want to try if you are on the hunt for a healthy brownie recipe. Try my raw brownies for another great option. Or whip up these sweet potato brownies or brownie bites for more brownie desserts.
These Fudgy Avocado Brownies Are...
- Dairy Free
- Made with Simple Ingredients
- Family Friendly Recipe
- Freezer Friendly
How to Make
Full directions on how to make these avocado brownies are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through.
- Prepare a 9-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mash the avocado and measure out ¾ cup.
- Combine the mashed avocado, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, almond milk, peanut butter, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Process the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool for approximately 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tools For Recipe
Use an 8x8 or 9x9 pan that is nonstick is going to be best for the brownies. You will find the brownies can easily stick in the pan if you do not.
Reach for a food processor or high speed blender for this recipe. It is needed to get the right consistency of the brownie batter. Otherwise it can bake up with a different texture.
Helpful Tips For Avocado Brownies
Choose ripe avocados
Make sure your avocados are ripe, soft and easy to mash. This will ensure that the texture of your brownies is smooth and creamy.
Allow the brownies cool before slicing
Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This will allow them to set and make for cleaner cuts. It also allows the brownies to fully set which is needed with the brownies
Quality Cocoa Powder
Make sure to use quality cocoa that is going to make sure you have a rich and delicious chocolate flavor. I always recommend using quality ingredients when making desserts.
Variations to Recipe
Consider sprinkling some sea salt on top of the brownies. The salt will enhance the flavor of the chocolate in the brownies.
Want to make some crunch to the brownies? Consider adding in some walnuts, pecans, or even chopped nuts of choice. I would recommend ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of nuts.
Once the brownies are done you can top with some fresh fruit for a sweet addition to the brownies. Give it a try with strawberries, blueberries, etc.
What is the difference between fudgy and chewy brownies?
Fudgy brownies are rich and dense with a moist, almost gooey texture. They have a high fat-to-flour ratio, which gives them their signature fudgy texture. Chewy brownies, on the other hand, have a more cake-like texture with a slightly springy and chewy crumb. They have a lower fat-to-flour ratio and rely more on eggs and sugar to give them their structure.
How to store avocado brownies?
Store the brownies at room temperature for up to 2-3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
How to freeze vegan brownies?
If you want to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 2-3 months. To freeze avocado brownies, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place them in an airtight container. When you're ready to eat them, thaw the brownies at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Fudgy Avocado Brownies (Vegan!)
- ¾ cup mashed avocado about one large
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line a 9” baking pan with parchment and set aside
- Mash the avocado and measure out ¾ cup
- Add the avocado, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, almond milk, peanut butter, baking powder and salt to a food processor and process until smooth
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a couple crumbs
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before slicing and serving
Leave a Reply