Whip up these vegan chickpea chocolate chip cookies for a sweet treat. A protein packed vegan cookie that is studded with chocolate chips. A chewy and delicious chocolate chip cookie that is a treat kids and adults will enjoy.
The chickpeas will be ground up enough you won't even know they are in the cookies. A great way to sneak them into a treat. Here are more easy vegan desserts you should check out. Another easy dessert is this vegan chickpea apple cake.
Another cookie recipe you might consider are these vegan thumbprint cookies. Or if you like chocolate try these vegan chocolate thumbprint cookies.
These Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies Are...
- Protein Packed
- Freezer Friendly
- Quick And Easy
- No Chill Cookie Dough
How to Make Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
Full steps on how to make chickpea chocolate chip cookies are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk through.
- Start by preheating your oven and prep the baking sheet.
- In a food processor you will add in all ingredients but the chocolate chips.
- Pulse to mix until your dough is formed.
- Remove blades and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake as directed. Allow the cookies to cool on tray for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Tips For Chickpea Cookie Recipe
It is important to have your chickpeas broken up and mixed well, otherwise it will alter the texture of the cookies. So make sure to get the chickpeas ground up nicely.
Make sure to use a cookie scoop to ensure all the cookies are evenly shaped and sized. That way all the cookies bake up perfectly.
Variations to Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
Add in ¼ cup of pecans or even walnuts into the cookies. I recommend walnuts or pecans that are chopped for this recipe.
You could also mix in some dried cranberries or even raisins for this cookie recipe. Feel free to mix in ¼ cup of dried fruit.
So you can use white chocolate chips, semi-sweet or even milk chocolate chips. Or you could skip the chocolate and reach for peanut butter chips.
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe FAQs
How to store these chickpea cookies?
You can store your chickpea cookies in an airtight container once the cookies are cooled. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter.
Can you freeze these chocolate chip cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these chocolate chip cookies for up to 3-5 months. Just store the cookies in a freezer bag or airtight freezer container.
Can I double this cookie recipe?
Yes, you can double the cookie recipe if you want to make a larger batch. Just whip it up, bake in batches and it will work the same. If you have a smaller food processor then mix up the cookie dough in batches.
More Vegan Desserts
If you love these chickpea chocolate chip cookies, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan treats:
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large food processor, add the chickpeas, flour, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Remove blades and stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared sheet, bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through
- Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling
Leave a Reply