Black Bean, Mango, and Avocado Salad
Black beans, diced mango, and avocado taste heavenly together in this delicious salad. Fresh, perfectly ripe mangos are best, of course, but they’re not always in season and occasionally unreliable. Once in a while I like to take the guesswork out of mangos and use canned (organic), which is akin to using canned pineapple—you know exactly what you’re going to get. Adapted fromVegan Express.
- One 15- to 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium mango (or one 15- to 16-ounce can, drained), cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Minced fresh cilantro to taste, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mixed baby greens
Combine all the ingredients in a serving container. Stir together and serve on a bed of mixed baby greens.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.