This festive coleslaw is easy to make with pre-shredded cabbage (make sure to get the kind with added carrots), though you’re welcome to use a combination of fresh green and red cabbage, as suggested in the variation. This is welcome as an everyday salad and is also festive enough to serve with holiday meals. Serves: 8 to 10
- 6 cups thinly shredded white cabbage (use pre-shredded coleslaw if you’d like)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix until well combined. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Variation: Use 3 cups each red and green cabbage for a more festive look.