Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Balsamic Glaze
Here is a simple to make, enticing change-of-pace from ordinary preparations brussels sprouts. It’s a perfect addition to a vegan Thanksgiving dinner menu, so if you’re serving a crowd, double the recipe. Recipe contributed by Ricki Heller.
Serves: 4 to 6
- About 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1 large onion, ﬁnely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Grease a casserole dish with olive oil, or nonstick spray.
Steam the brussels sprouts until just tender and still bright green.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until onion is soft and translucent. Turn heat to very low, and stir in the mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Add the brussels sprouts and stir to coat.
Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish Bake, uncovered, about 25 to 30 minutes, until the glaze is thick and sticks to the sprouts, which should be soft. Serve and enjoy!
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!