Colorful and Creamy Potato Salad
- 5 medium-large red-skinned or golden potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, or more, as desired
- 2 teaspoons yellow or Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen green peas, steamed
- 1/2 cup green pimiento olives, whole or chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced,optional
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh dill or parsley, or a combination, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
If you’d like to keep the skins on the potatoes, scrub them well. Microwave or bake the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature.
If you prefer to use peeled potatoes in the salad, slip their skins off when they’re cool enough to handle. Dice the potatoes into approximately 3/4-inch chunks, and place them in a serving container.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently but thoroughly. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Variation: Substitute a sweet potato for one or two of the regular potatoes.
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.