Grilled Eggplant Teriyaki
- 2 medium-large eggplants, about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds total
- Teriyaki Marinade, as needed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut in half
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Cilantro or parsley leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish, optional
Prepare grill. Slice the eggplants 1/2-inch thick and set aside Brush the eggplant slices generously on both sides with Teriyaki Marinade. Grill on each side until nicely browned and tender — 5 to 10 minutes on each side, depending on the heat of your unit.
At the same time, grill the bell pepper halves, turning them when they’re nicely charred. Remove the eggplant and pepper from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature.
If the eggplants you use are long and narrow, leave the slices intact; if they are more on the round side, cut the rounds into quarters. Cut the bell pepper halves into strips.
Combine the eggplant and bell peppers in a serving container Add enough additional Teriyaki Marinade to moisten and flavor the eggplant to taste. Stir in the tomatoes. Sprinkle the top with cilantro or parsley and the optional sesame seeds and serve at room temperature.