Skillet Roasted Corn with Red Peppers and Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 ears fresh corn (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into narrow, 2-inch strips
- 1 small jalapeño or other hot chili pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Stand the corn cobs on their flat ends and strip off the kernels with a sharp knife.
In a wide skillet, combine the corn kernels and about 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the kernels are tender-crisp. Drain the water.
Drizzle in the oil, then stir in the bell pepper, optional chili pepper, and pumpkin seeds. Turn the heat up to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the corn kernels are touched here and there with browned spots.
Season with salt and pepper, then serve.
Note: Out of season, or as a shortcut, use one 16-ounce bag fresh corn kernels.
- Here are more recipe for fresh corn.