Zucchini Pasta with Mango, Avocado, and Black Bean Salsa
Mango and avocado salad is a summertime classic. In this recipe, I take that one step further by adding black beans and cilantro. I then pile it on top of spiralized zucchini for a quick, easy, and refreshing meal. From Choosing Raw: Making Raw Foods Part of the Way You Eat by Gena Hamshaw. Reprinted with permission from Da Capo Lifelong, © 2014. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, halved, pitted, and cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more as garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans, or 1(14-ounce) can
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
Toss all the ingredients except for the zucchini in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
Divide the zucchini onto four plates. Top each with a quarter of the mango mixture. Sprinkle with extra cilantro, and serve.
To store, keep the zucchini pasta and the mango mixture separate. Both will keep, stored in an airtight container in the fridge, for 2 days.
- Try some other raw veggie “noodle” dishes.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s super savory salads.
- See VegKitchen’s review of the World Cuisine Tri-Blade Spiral Slicer.
Visit Gena Hamshaw at Choosing Raw.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!