The taste of the Chia Seeds is neutral—no particular taste—which makes the recipe possibilities infinite! Chia can also be used to thicken a drink, a smoothie, or a dessert. Here, I propose a kind of chia pudding—very interesting for breakfast or a snack. It’s a raw and healthy recipe with a touch of the season from the apples and cinnamon.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup apples diced
- Juice and grated rind of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- The day before, mix the chia seeds, coconut milk, agave syrup, and lemon juice in a container.
- Cover the container and store in the refrigerator.
- The next day, peel and cut apples into small cubes.
- Cook the apples with ¼ cup water for 10 minutes, until you obtain a sauce.
- Add chia-coconut milk preparation to a small container.
- Place the apples sauce on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and grated lemon zest.