This simple vegan salad is loaded with hearty beets, crisp cucumber, and juicy oranges. It's simple to make in just a few minutes, and totally delicious too!
There's nothing I love on a salad more than beets. They're just the perfect salad ingredient - hearty, tender, and flavorful. And they pair up perfectly with the sweet mandarin oranges and fresh cucumber and dill in this easy salad.
This beet and cucumber salad is:
- Fresh and healthy!
- Loaded with nutritious fruits and veggies.
- Ready in just 15 minutes.
- Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free too.
It's become one of my best go-to vegan salad recipes when I need a super easy weeknight meal.
If you love it too, be sure to check out these other tasty plant based ideas:
Beet, Cucumber, and Orange Salad
- 2 large or 3 medium beets rinsed, trimmed, and cooked or microwaved until just tender
- ½ medium cucumber peeled, and sliced
- 2 small sweet seedless oranges such as small clementines, sectioned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or scallion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint optional
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon about 2 to 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- The easiest way to cook beets is to microwave them in a covered container with about ¼ inch of water at the bottom. Start with 2 minutes per medium beet or 3 minutes per large beet, and add a minute per beet until they can be pierced through with a little resistance. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the cooked beets, then cut into ½-inch dice. Combine them in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Serve at once or cover and chill before serving.