This simple vegan salad is loaded with hearty beets, crisp cucumber, and juicy oranges. It's simple to make in just a few minutes, and totally delicious too!
There's nothing I love on a salad more than beets. They're just the perfect salad ingredient - hearty, tender, and flavorful. And they pair up perfectly with the sweet mandarin oranges and fresh cucumber and dill in this easy salad.
This beet and cucumber salad is:
- Fresh and healthy!
- Loaded with nutritious fruits and veggies.
- Ready in just 15 minutes.
- Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free too.
It's become one of my best go-to vegan salad recipes when I need a super easy weeknight meal.
If you love it too, be sure to check out these other tasty plant based ideas:
Beet, Cucumber, and Orange Salad
This simple vegan salad is loaded with hearty beets, crisp cucumber, and juicy oranges. It's simple to make in just a few minutes, and totally delicious too!Print Pin Rate Email
- 2 large or 3 medium beets rinsed, trimmed, and cooked or microwaved until just tender
- ½ medium cucumber peeled, and sliced
- 2 small sweet seedless oranges such as small clementines, sectioned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or scallion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint optional
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon about 2 to 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- The easiest way to cook beets is to microwave them in a covered container with about ¼ inch of water at the bottom. Start with 2 minutes per medium beet or 3 minutes per large beet, and add a minute per beet until they can be pierced through with a little resistance. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the cooked beets, then cut into ½-inch dice. Combine them in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Serve at once or cover and chill before serving.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Great combination of flavors. Enjoyed by two people who claimed they did not like beets. I omitted the dill and the sweetener. I used tangerines as that is what I had on hand. I loved the three-color combination. The beets looked like little jewels. The mint is essential.