This mixed greens salad makes a lively accompaniment to many types of Asian-style dishes, embellished with crisp turnip or jicama and bok choy, and the sweet taste of orange. It’s a simple, offbeat accompaniment to many types of dishes. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 5 to 6 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 medium turnips or 1 good-sized jicama, peeled and diced
- 6 stalks bok choy, with greens, or 4 large celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 3 small seedless oranges, sectioned,
or one 12-ounce can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch sections
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing (or store-bought, for a shortcut) as needed to moisten
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Serve at once.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.