This refreshing smoothie with the offbeat combination of lettuce and blackberries is from The New Green Smoothie Diet: Going Green Never Tasted so Good,* by Hilary Greenleaf, reprinted with permission.
- 1 head lettuce, small to medium size
- 1 cup fresh frozen or packaged frozen blackberries
- ½ cup other fresh or fresh-frozen fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, mango, etc.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 small apple or half of a banana
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (high-speed blender or regular blender) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy at once.
Hilary Greenleaf is a health enthusiast who blogs at hilarygreenleaf.com.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!