This refreshing smoothie with the offbeat combination of lettuce and blackberries is from The New Green Smoothie Diet: Going Green Never Tasted so Good,* by Hilary Greenleaf, reprinted with permission.
Blackberry Lettuce Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie features the offbeat combination of lettuce and blackberries.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 head lettuce small to medium size
- 1 cup fresh frozen or packaged frozen blackberries
- ½ cup other fresh or fresh-frozen fruit of your choice strawberries, blueberries, mango, etc.
- 2 cups water
- 1 small apple or half of a banana
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (high-speed blender or regular blender) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy at once.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3081IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Hilary Greenleaf is a health enthusiast who blogs at hilarygreenleaf.com.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
This smoothie is definitely refreshing but a bit bland - I think it might need some acid. Next time I will try subbing some of the water with orange juice or adding some lemon juice to the water.