These broccoli-stuffed potatoes make a great main dish for families who have a taste for both of these well-loved veggies. For an easy meal, serve with tossed salad (add black beans or chickpeas) and corn on the cob. Serves: 3 to 4
- 4 medium or 3 large potatoes
- ¼ cup rice milk or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar-style nondairy cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bake or microwave the potatoes until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving a sturdy shell, about ¼ inch thick all around. Transfer the scooped-out potato to a mixing bowl and mash it coarsely. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Stuff the mixture back into the potato shells. Heat as needed — until the cheese melts and the potatoes are piping hot — in the microwave or in a preheated 350- to 400 degree F. oven (depending on what else you have baking), then serve.
Per Serving: 376.9 calories; 15g fat; 575.5mg sodium; 892.1mg potassium; 51.6g carbs; 8.3g fiber; 3.6g sugar; 7.1g protein
- Here are more easy, tasty potato recipes.
- Here are more broccoli and cauliflower recipes.
Sadhna Grover says
This one looks good and tastes good.Very nice recipe of potato and broccoli, I tried yesterday, it was excellent.
These are DELICIOUS! I will absolutely make them again, especially for big holiday meals. Gonna try them with roasted brussels sprouts and baked tofu steaks sometime in the future.
Thanks, Stacey! Glad you enjoyed this. Love your menu idea, too.
Made these a couple of weeks ago! Yumm! !