Here’s a simple but dazzling broccoli salad featuring yellow peppers and dried cranberries that’s as nutritious as it is appetizing. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 2 large broccoli crowns, cut into bite-sized florets (about 4 heaping cups)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing or
equivalent store-bought dressing, or as needed
Steam the broccoli florets until just bright green. Drain and rinse under cool water until at room temperature.
Combine with the remaining ingredients in a serving container, toss well, and serve.
Variation: Though they're a bit pricier, pine nuts (lightly toasted on a dry skillet) can be used in place of the sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Per serving: 170 calories; 11g fat; 55mg sodium; 15g carbs; 4g fiber; 5g protein
- Here are more Super Savory Salads.
- Here for more broccoli and cauliflower recipes.
Leave a Reply