Combining blueberries, raspberries or strawberries, and greens results in a burgundy beverage that’s as tasty is it is pretty. If you’re not using anything frozen in this, you may want to serve over a couple of ice cubes. Adapted from Wild About Greens.
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries or strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small banana, or ½ large banana (pre-frozen if desired)
- 1 large collard green leaf (highly recommended!), or two kale leaves
- 1 cup berry juice, such as pomegranate
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk
- Mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Ice cubes for serving, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Process until completely smooth. Serve at once.
- If you serve over ice, you can stretch this to three 8-ounce servings.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.