Fresh fruit platters are the best kind of dessert for summer evenings, with berries, melons, and other fruits at their peak. They can also be the main feature of a light brunch served with muffins or other baked goods. Here, quantities are given just as a guideline — they aren't as important as arrangement—and of course, the fruit should be ripe and luscious. Vary the kind of fruit used according to what's available. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Composed Fresh Summer Fruit Platter
Fresh fruit platters are the best kind of dessert for summer evenings, with berries, melons, and other fruits at their peak. They can also be the main feature of a light brunch served with muffins or other baked goods.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup blueberries or blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and halved
- Cantaloupe about 1 medium, peeled and cut into wedges
- Honeydew about ½ medium or watermelon, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 or 2 medium papayas and/or mangos peeled and sliced, or 4 sliced peaches or nectarines, sliced
- Several small bunches of grapes
- Several peeled sliced kiwifruits
- Toasted sliced almonds for garnish optional
- Vanilla lemon, or pineapple nondairy yogurt (coconut or other), optional
- Arrange a few overlapping slices of the melons on a large platter.
- Arrange a few slices of papaya, mango, peaches or nectarines, and kiwifruits.
- Scatter grape bunches here and there. Leave an opening in the center for the bowl of berries.
- Set out small bowls of nondairy yogurt and/or toasted almonds, if you'd like.
- Let everyone serve themselves, taking some of the fruit on the platter, then some of the berries,
- Top individual servings with a dollop of yogurt and a scattering of almonds.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 746IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s easy, festive vegan brunch recipes and menus.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
Leave a Reply