An American classic, Waldorf salad is a crunchy mixture of apples, walnuts and celery. This version is updated with vegan mayonnaise and a bed of baby greens.
Serves: 4 generously; or 6 smaller portions
- 2 medium-large crisp apples, cored and diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup dark raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise, or as desired
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 to 4 ounces mixed baby greens, or as needed
Combine the apples and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss together. Add the remaining ingredients except the greens, and toss well.
Line 4 salad plates or shallow bowls with greens. Dived the salad over them and serve at once.
- Here are more apple recipes on VegKitchen.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.
MahryLoli Ojeda says
I am so glad to find this site. Thank you