This delicious coleslaw is easy to make with pre-shredded cabbage (make sure to get the kind with added carrots), though you’re welcome to use a combination of fresh green and red cabbage, as suggested in the variation. This is welcome as an everyday salad, yet is festive enough to serve with holiday meals. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 6 cups thinly shredded white cabbage (use pre-shredded coleslaw if you'd like)
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ to ½ cup toasted slivered almonds or chopped cashews
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix until well combined.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or so before serving, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Variation: Use 4 cups each green and 2 cups red cabbage for a more dressed-up look, though do be aware that the red cabbage merging with the mayo will give the salad a pinkish hue.
Per serving: Calories: 107; Total fat: 7g; Protein: 1g; Carbs: 9g; Sodium: 46mg