Antioxidant and nutrient-dense cranberries have so much going for them. Why not enjoy these tart treats raw? This delicious relish can be made in minutes and can be enjoyed on special occasions (like Thanksgiving and Christmas, when cranberry sauce is a staple) or for everyday meals. This recipe doubles easily for serving a crowd. Served in small portions, this provides a great burst of color and flavor to the plate and goes just as well with spicy dishes as it does with comfort foods.
Easy Raw Cranberry-Apple Relish
This delicious raw cranberry relish can be made in minutes and can be enjoyed on special occasions (like Thanksgiving and Christmas, when cranberry sauce is a staple) or for everyday meals.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 medium sweet apple diced
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans optional
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup more or less to taste
- Generous pinch of cinnamon
- Combine the cranberries, apple, and optional nuts in a food processor.
- Pulse on and off until very finely chopped, or keep going until pureed, as preferred.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle in the agave or maple syrup and sprinkle in the cinnamon. Stir well to combine. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more apple recipes on VegKitchen.
- Explore lots more Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes.
Leave a Reply