Looking for the perfect vegan dish for that next tailgate party? These super-tasty vegan nachos can be made with simple pantry and refrigerator staples in a matter of minutes.
Nachos are fun fare for any occasion, whether as a snack for a small party, or even as an easy weeknight dinner.
I especially love these vegan nachos because they are so incredibly simple! It uses staple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen right now.
How to Make Vegan Nachos
- Arrange tortilla chips on an oven safe dish or baking sheet.
- Top with vegan cheddar cheese shreds and toppings such as black beans, corn, chili peppers, and tomatoes.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh spinach leaves, if desired.
There are so many ways to make nachos, the combinations are virtually infinite. Some of my other favorite vegan nacho toppings are:
- Any kind of beans. Try kidney beans or refried beans, in addition to black beans!
- Vegan queso - try this vegan cheese sauce!
- Spice it up with chilis in adobo sauce or sliced red chili peppers.
- Black olives.
- Fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro
- A dollop of dairy free sour cream or plain dairy free yogurt.
- And of course - guacamole!
Have fun experimenting with your own favorite toppings!
Recipe from the cookbook Plant Power by Nava Atlas. © 2014, published by HarperOne, reprinted by permission. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos
- 4 to 5 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese grated
- 1 jalapeño peppers or more to taste, seeded and thinly sliced, or one 4-ounce can chopped mild green chiles
- ½ cup corn kernels fresh or thawed from frozen
- ½ cup black beans canned. drained and rinsed. Or substitute red or pinto beans
- 1 tomato finely chopped, ripe
- baby spinach 2 big handfuls
- Salsa your favorite brand, as desired
- Super-Easy Guacamole
- Thinly shredded romaine lettuce
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter or a shallow, round casserole dish, about 14 inches in diameter. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, followed by the chili peppers, corn, beans, and tomato.
- Bake for 8 minutes, more or less, until the cheese is well melted. Or microwave for 3 minutes.
- Scatter the spinach over the top and return to the oven for 2 minutes or so, or to the microwave for another minute, just until it wilts.
- Serve at once. Pass around salsa to top individual portions, as well as any of the optional garnishes.
Making this for the Super Bowl - yum!