You'll love these sweet and spice-filled Gingered Baby Carrots. This almost chutney-like side dish pairs well with all kinds of mains!
This simple side dish of baby carrots flavored with lots of ginger and sweet dried fruit goes well with with curries and grain pilafs.
How to Make Gingered Baby Carrots
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrots, orange juice, and ginger.
- Cover and cook until carrots are tender to your liking.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook a bit longer.
Full directions for how to make Gingered Baby Carrots are in the printable recipe card below.
Gingered Baby Carrots FAQs
How long can you store these gingered carrots?
You can store these gingered carrots in the fridge for up to 1 week. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container. It's best to use a glass, ceramic, or other microwave-safe dish so you can reheat them easily.
Can I switch up the spices in this dish?
You can easily switch up the spices in this recipe. However, just keep in mind that this is a more sweet dish. It might taste really good with some chilli spice or some cinnamon!
Here are more recipes for making the most of carrots.
Gingered Baby Carrots
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz fresh baby carrots
- ¼ cup orange juice preferably fresh
- 2 tsp fresh ginger or more to taste, grated
- ½ cup dried apricots or prunes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced, optional
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the carrots, orange juice, and ginger.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender-crisp to your liking.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook for another minute or so.
- Serve at once.