This simple side dish of baby carrots flavored with lots of ginger and sweet dried fruit goes well with with curries and grain pilafs.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16-ounce bag fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or more, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots or prunes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, optional
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the carrots, juice, and ginger. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender-crisp to your liking.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, cook for another minute or so, then serve at once.
- Here are more recipes for making the most of carrots.