Curry and lemon add an offbeat flavor and vivid color to this roasted cauliflower recipe. Red onion and garlic add depth of flavor. Use on its own as a tasty side dish, or toss with pasta or grains.
Golden Roasted Cauliflower with Red Onion
Serves: 6 as a side dish
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive or safflower oil
- juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, and curry and whisk together. Drizzle over the cauliflower and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a parchment-lined roasting pan and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, add the garlic and give the mixture a good stir.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are touched with brown spots. Transfer to a covered serving container, season with salt and pepper, and stir in as much cilantro or parsley as you’d like.
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.