A great way to start the day with a hit of blood-cleansing chlorophyll and some good-quality protein from the seeds and protein powder. Adding protein will keep you feeling satisfied for hours! Recipe and photo contributed by Ricki Heller, from Diet, Dessert and Dogs.
Makes 1 large breakfast serving or 2 snack servings.
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves, lettuce,
or a combination
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop rice-only protein powder (I used NutriBiotic)
- 1 to ½ cups unsweetened milk of choice (I used vanilla rice milk)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10 to 25 drops plain or vanilla stevia liquid,
or 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar or coconut nectar
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Makes 1 large breakfast serving or 2 snack servings.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.